In general terms, Fulfillment considers a defined list of criteria and evaluates how satisfied that list is based upon the completion of something else. For example, consider our training tracking system. Fulfillment functionality will determine how satisfied (or compliant) a Training Role is based on the completion of Training Records.
Employee Training Profile
To configure Fulfillment for the Employee Training Profile process, navigate here:
Top Menu >> Setup >> Employee Training Profile process >> Form fulfillment
To configure Fulfillment choose a Matching process.
A Matching process is one that is used to relate or link a set of criteria. For example, on the Employee Training Log process, the Mandatory Training Topics table field describes a set of Training Topics and the forms from the Training Records process satisfy this list. In this case, in order to compute how Fulfilled someone is on the Employee Training Profile the Matching process is the Training Topic.
The next step, after configuring the Matching process is to configure the Requirements and Fulfilled by sections.
To configure Requirements (mandatory):
- choose the Table field that defines the mandatory training requirements, in this case it is called Mandatory Training Topics
- choose a Start Date field that determines when that mandatory training requirement becomes effective
- choose an End Date field that determines when that mandatory training requirement no longer applies
- choose the Age override, which identifies if there is a Duration field for a particular Training Topic, that supersedes the expiry date of a Training Record. For example, a company may have an internal policy that requires certain employees to take a First Aid course every year, even if their training was valid for a three year period. In this case, there would be a Duration field, in the example below its called Valid For, that would override the End Date and show that an employee needs to satisfy their First Aid training requirement.
Follow the same steps described above to configure Requirements (optional).
To configure Fulfilled by, which is what satisfies the Requirements (mandatory) and Requirements (optional) Table fields:
- choose the Table field that defines what satisfies the Requirements (mandatory) and Requirements (optional) tables
- choose the Start Date field that determines the start date the Training Record is valid from
- choose the End Date field that determines the end date the Training Record is valid to
Now, let's configure the Display:
- Title - title that is displayed in the Fulfillment section
- Fulfilled - label that is applied to Fulfilled Topics
- Unfulfilled - label that is applied to Unfulfilled Topics
- Fulfilled mandatory - display colour that is applied to Fulfilled mandatory topics
- Unfulfilled mandatory - display colour that is applied to Unfulfilled mandatory topics
- Fulfilled optional - display colour that is applied to Fulfilled optional topics
- Unfulfilled optional - display colour that is applied to Unfulfilled optional topics
- Today and for “in X days” - identifies the relative points in time that the system will automatically display Fulfillment summaries for. Un-checking the box will hide the In X days section. When viewing the form, if you press on “Today” or “In X days” the system will display a detailed breakdown of the information that makes up the Fulfillment summary. This information can be filtered by Topic or Mandatory/Optional
- Additional matching column when viewing by subject - choose an additional column to display in the Fulfillment section that will add meaning or clarity when viewing the Employee Training Profile (the subject)
- Additional subject column when viewing by match - choose an additional column to display in the Fulfillment section that will add meaning or clarity when viewing the Training Topic (the match)
- Default sorting - the default sort order when viewing topics in the Training Fulfillment section
- Filtered process - identifies the process that acts as a filter between the Subject process and the Matching process
- Filtered form subject list shows - identifies what should be displayed in the Filter form Training Fulfillment section, Fulfilled requirements or Unfulfilled requirements
Fulfillment Display - Employee Training Profile
Fulfillment Display - Training Role